Moon Salutations Goddess Kali Class
Spread your entire stance wide apart: you are generating energy. There is a fire growing between your hips in the core of your abdomen, breathe out the flames! Show your teeth with a powerful smile. Stick out your tongue until the tip reaches your chin, open your mouth wide and say “EHHHHHHHHH!”
In this class you will experience:
- Moon Salutations
- Forward Folds
- Floor Stretches
- Spinal Twists
- Standing Balancing
- The Power to Destroy Evil Forces
Oh Holy Hip Stretch
The Moon Salutations Goddess Kali Class is an excellent practice for picking up things from the floor without straining your back. The Chandra Namaskar, or Moon Salutation, begins by reaching tall, but then circles down to the floor. It passes through all the best hip-opening poses including stretches for the back of the hip, lower back, inner thighs, and hamstrings.
This class is for you if:
- You need a good stretch in your hips and legs
- You feel tired and would like a class that builds energy
- You have aches and pains that prevent you from putting any weight on your hands/arms
- You feel high-energy and need to regain focus
- You need to practice harnessing and projecting your energy
Get Creative Already
Creative breakthroughs can happen when you are able to harness your power. When you feel confident projecting power it makes you a more effective communicator.
Kali is also known as the Divine Mother, Mother of the Universe, the Divine Protector, and the Freedom Giver. The Chandra Namaskar draws from Kali’s energy as it moves through some of her most iconic poses.
This class is NOT for you if:
- You have knee or hip issues that provent you from bending and stretching your legs
Saluting the moon isn’t easy! Although only around 10 minutes of this class is spent in deep knee bends and hip-opening poses, they can be challenging for someone dealing with an injury. As always, I welcome you to join the class whatever your level or ability and participate up to your personal comfort level.
Leave a Reply